Guide-Scout Week in BVI
CCT proudly supports the British Virgin Islands Branch of the Girl Guides Association during their week celebration of Girl Guides and Scouts Week.
This year, Girl Guides and Scouts in the British Virgin Islands jointly observe Guide-Scout Week from February 21st to 28th. This annual celebration of international friendship includes “Thinking Day”, the birthday of the Founder Lord Robert Baden-Powell, and the World Chief Guide, Olave Lady Baden-Powell.
- Saturday, Feb. 21: Island-Wide Cookie Sale.
- Sunday, Feb. 22: World Thinking Day Service at the Methodist Church in Road Town. Thinking Day is a special day for Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from around the world to “think” of each other and give thanks and appreciation to their “sister” Girl Scouts.
- Monday, Feb. 23: Guiders and Guides will wear their uniforms in recognition of Girl Guides and Scouts Week.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25: The Girl Guides Burn Fire Event.
- Saturday, Feb. 28: Girl Guides Fun Fair – 7am – 4pm. At the fair there will be CCT Top Up, rummage, plants, cakes, bread, food and drinks on sale. There will be family friendly games lucky dip, a bouncy castle and face painting for the kids. The Girl Guides will also be conducting recruitment for persons interested in joining.
Girl Guides and Scouts of the BVI have always been involved in helping boys and girls grow into confident, young men and women by offering fun and challenging activities that result in personal growth and lasting friendships. It is a movement of girls and women that challenges members in their personal development and empowers them to be responsible citizens. Through innovative activity choices, boys and girls are encouraged to reach their potential, give back to their communities and become independent, confident and caring individuals.
For women, volunteering with GGC it is a rewarding way to help girls and young ladies develop the best within themselves. CCT encourages the community as a whole to support the Guides and Scouts
For more information, please contact Girl Guide Leader, Yvette Martin-Stoutt at (284) 499-2427